As the occupation grows, the need for Certified Advanced Alcohol & Drug Counselors will keep pace. I’m an excellent trainer and also great at communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse populations. I have a very strong organizational background, problem-solving, and follow-up skills. Assisting individuals with becoming drug-free so that they may enjoy optimal functioning and a healthy lifestyle is my goal as a Counselor.
I have a detailed understanding of not only substance use disorders but also co-occurring mental health disorders. As a Senior Counselor and an Overseer in Adolescent and Adult Mental Health and Substance Abuse Center. I’m trained in the following:
- Training in Assessments, effective and efficient Individuals, and Groups Therapy.
- Develop and then trained in Behavioral Health Assessments, Develop Treatment Plan (Computerized), and trained companies in utilizing Treatment Plans.
- Incorporate Prop 36 program (treatment not jail program) into companies and trained staff for effective results. Served as an advisor for Intakes and Auditing staff charting.
I’m trained in all areas of:
- Documentation/Charting, Treatment Plan Development,
- Crisis Management, PTSD, Domestic Abuse,
- Child and Elderly Abuse/Neglect
- How to recognize and address Dual Disorders, Conflict Resolution, Resistance to Treatment/Pathology, and effective Group Therapy focused on Personal Growth, Substance Use, and Mental Health
As a counselor seeing lives transformed for the better as a result of counseling services is one of my greatest joy, to know that they are healing after an obstacle has been removed from their path, they are now free to embrace life to start their journey freer and lighter as a result of effective counseling.